Quickbooks is a leading accounting application used by a lot of small businesses. The application offers a one-time solution for accounting and bookkeeping services for the companies. Despite all the features that Quickbooks has to offer, you may still face issues while using the application. Some errors may be solved in some steps and some are critical ones. In this article, we have explained to you about Quickbooks error 6189 816.
This is a runtime error that you will encounter while trying to access or open a Quickbooks company file. The error message states: “ An error occurred while accessing the company file “. Also, it can occur because of issues with the Quickbooks multi-user mode. But, fortunately, the issue is not related to the Quickbooks accounting data. If you are also encountering this issue, this troubleshooting guide is for you. Here are some quick fixes for Quickbooks error code 9999.
Why Quickbooks error code 6189 816 Occurs
There can be different reasons for which you can face the Quickbooks error 6189 816. Here is a complete list.
- The data file is no more present on the system or is now damaged.
- You may not have enough permissions to access a Quickbooks file.
- In case you are attempting to use the file stored on a network or the file is in use by another application.
- Someone may be sign-in to the company file in single-user mode.
- Quickbooks window registry files are damaged on the systems.
- The network source is damaged on the system
Fix Quickbooks Error 6189 and 816 with these Methods
So, you are now aware of all the reasons for which the Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 may occur, here are all the solutions for this issue. Ensure that you, pursue the process in the same way as mentioned to carry out the process easily.
Method 1: Fix Program with Quick Fix my Program Tool
- To use the feature, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system. It is available on the official Quickbooks website. Make sure to download a compatible version of the software.
- After downloading it, save the tool hub file to an easily accessible location.
- You will then have to click on the file that you have downloaded and begin the installation process.
- After this, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions and then, complete the installation process.
- When done, start the Quickbooks tool hub by double-clicking on the icon.
- You will then have to go to the program problems tab.
- Under this, you will have to click on the option for Quick fix my program option.
- When done, you will have to wait for the tool to diagnose and fix the issue.
- In the end, close the tool window, start Quickbooks and then check if you can resolve the issue or not. If you can access the company file, the issue is resolved. If not, move to another method.
Method 2: Back up and Restore File
- To start with, you will have to create a backup of your company file on the system.
- After this, you will have to again copy the file to the new system.
- When done, you will have to restore the backup on your new system.
Method 3: Use Refresher Tool
- For this, you will have to download the Quickbooks refresher tool from the official Quickbooks website.
- You will then have to make sure to save all the files in an accessible location.
- When done, make sure that no other application is running on the system.
- Ensure that you have terminated all the versions of the Quickbooks application.
- After this, you will have to double-click on the tool icon and then install it on the system.
- You will now have to wait for the tool. To load and run.
- When done, terminate the tool window and then start Quickbooks. Check if you are still facing the issue.
Method 4: Fixing Error Manually
- For this, you will first have to look for the transaction file and then change the name of the file.
- You will then have to ensure that you have provided all the permissions to access a QuickBiiik file.
- Next, make sure that the Quickbooks file is not Encrypted.
- After this, you will have to copy the file to the desktop and then try to open the Quickbooks company file.
- After this, if you are still not able to open the file, you will have to move the file back to the previous location.
Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 can occur without any prior notice and needs to be resolved as soon as possible to keep using the file. In this article, we have provided you with all the troubleshooting methods that you need to follow. We hope that the article has helped you.