These days, LED TV models in the market claim to be the ultimate entertaining powerhouse. These are actually LCD TVs with an LED backlight. On the other hand, OLED TV doesn’t use LEDs but uses organic substances as a backlight source. But before placing any verdict, we should compare the features of an OLED TV to an LED TV and see which is the ultimate entertainer.
An LED television uses Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) as a light source on the back of the screen. An LED TV is regarded for low energy expenditure, an inherent trait of light-emitting diodes and comparatively thin form factor. Consider the Samsung LED TV 32 inch price at around Rs 19,940 that is excellent for saving up bills.
- Energy consumption: Most LED TV is known to spend 40–45 per cent less energy than their LCD counterparts.p
- Longevity: People appreciate LED televisions for longer shelf life like any Samsung LED TV 32 inch price at Rs. 17,000 or more.
- Picture quality: LED is a blessing for the content consuming society for its sufficient contrast, decent blacks, crisp and clear images.
- Aesthetics: LED TV sets will adorn your Living room with their slim and stylish appearance. Aesthetic makes a status symbol out of a Samsung LED TV 32 inch price around Rs. 20,000.
- The display dims with age: LED televisions can last 35,000–40,000 watch hours. But after several watch hours pile up, LEDs get dimmer, and the content displayed loses natural brightness.
- Viewing angle. LED televisions can be okay for viewing angles ranging from 50–55 degrees on either side, but not more than this.
OLED is the abbreviation for Organic Light-Emitting Diode. A layer of organic compounds is-sandwiched between the two oppositely charged electrodes. Upon passing of electric current, the sandwiched organic layer releases energy in the form of photons of light. The colour of the light depends upon the type of organic composites used.
- Perfect blacks. Unlike the LED TV display technology, in OLED panels, individual pixels produce light. Thus when portraying darkness, the screen pixels do not light up all at once, projecting a perfect black picture experience.
- Near-ideal viewing angle: OLED televisions have a viewing angle of up to 170 degrees which transforms to 85 degrees on either side from the centre, giving colour-richness and crispiness to the pictures.
- Quicker response time: OLED TVs reduce response time compared to LED TV resulting in less motion blur.
- Minor input lag: The gaming community celebrates this aspect of OLED televisions. With input lag as moderate as 25 milliseconds, an OLED TV can expect a seamless gaming performance.
- Display brightness: An OLED television may seem a little dimmer in a brightly lit room than an LED TV.
- Screen burn-in: Burn-in cases result in OLED TVs from static images displayed continuously on the screen for several hours at a stretch.
How OLED is a complex technology with refined picture quality?
Unlike an LED TV, an OLED TV is devoid of the requirement of a backlight. Organic materials in OLED are used that can emit light upon application of electric current. This phenomenon results in a faster response rate, brilliant colors and superior contrast profile. It also has wider viewing angles compared to an LED TV.
- Self-lighting Pixels,
- Sharper Blacks, and
- Precise Design.
These three worth mentioning features make any OLED TV stand out from an LED TV.
Shop LED TV from the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store and buy favourite OLED or LED TV on EMI. You can enjoy a No-Cost EMI and get cashback and discounts using your Bajaj Finsev EMI Network Card.
Summary:These days, it’s kind of hard to find a decent LED TV in the crowd of plenty of other technologies like OLED and QLED. Choosing between an OLED TV and an LED TV can be a difficult choice to make. This article sheds light on the workings of LED TV and OLED TV and gives you an estimate about why OLED is a better technology. Because it’s more beneficial to learn how they function and operate under different conditions. When you compare OLED TV Vs LED TV, you’ll realize how the OLED TV is a clear champion. The revolutionary technology of OLED ensures the best Picture Quality, and the ultra-slim design makes it the best fit for home decor!