Can you imagine that how to add money to your marketing strategy as a platform for everyone to have fun? Well, the idea from Pinterest and could change your life! How to create a Pinterest account
Pinterest is an amazing tool for digital marketing and online sales. In fact, it is an online visual discovery platform.
Here, users find ideas and references for different goals and save those insights by grouping them into folders, a social sharing network.
This image sharing can help a lot in your digital marketing strategy when you understand how things work on this social network.
How to use Pinterest?
Before you start your journey through the visual world of Pinterest, it’s important to know the words and terms common to this social network:
- Pin: you will see a message on the social network, or on an “idea” of the user.
- Board / Panel: folders to separate saved pins into themes or categories, however, you wish. It is possible to configure the privacy of these folders;
- Pin It: button by which the user turns an image external to Pinterest into a pin by adding it to one of their panels;
- Re-Pin: how to be the equivalent of a part or share it with Facebook. As a user, you can re-attach a picture of them have already been saved on Pinterest, and have to add it to one of their folders;
- Place Pin: the feature that makes the panel appear in the form of a map. Ideal for marking and highlighting saved pin locations;
- Follow: iBy this option, you can follow other users and follow their activities on the Pinterest feed.
Now that you know the main terms of the platform, check out a handy guide to using Pinterest and taking advantage of all its features.
Creating a new profile
It’s very simple to create a Pinterest account!
Just select the option “Create account” on the website’s homepage and fill in the fields with the requested data. It is possible, in this process, to link your account with Facebook or Google access data.
Creating Pins on Pinterest
Let’s agree that if you’re going to have empty folders, it won’t do much good to be on Pinterest, right?
So don’t put off for tomorrow the pin you can save today! And there are different possibilities for doing this.
Repin third-party photos on Pinterest
Whether you’re looking for references for a project, ideas to get inspired or photos of cute kittens, it’s very easy for you to spend a lot of time browsing Pinterest and scrolling through the feed admiring the images that the platform indicates.
And you can save all the pins you like! Just hover your mouse over the pin, select the desired folder — or create a new one, right away — and click the “Repin” (or “Save” button in the Portuguese version).
New Pins with own photos
You can save a new pin with your own images by uploading them to your board on Pinterest. It is also possible to indicate the URL of an image you found on the internet or by informing the link of the website where it is hosted.
To create a new pin, just click on the “+” shaped button that appears in the bottom right corner of the screen on all Pinterest pages, and then on “Create a Pin”, as you can see in the picture below.
By clicking on the button, the screen will appear where you can save your new pin. To upload, just drag and drop the desired image into space indicated or click on the button to find it in your computer files.
After that, just fill in the title, description, and the link to where you want to lead whoever finds this pin, choose the folder in which it will be saved, and click on “save”.
To import an image from a website external to Pinterest, click on the “Save from website” button and enter the page link or the URL of that image.
Pinterest button for browser
Another option to create pins with images outside the network – quickly and without having to access the platform’s website – is through the Pinterest button for the browser.
The feature, which can be installed via this link, adds an extension to your browser. With this button, you will be able to create new pins from any page you access. Just be logged in with your Pinterest account.
This button is great for instantly saving an idea or reference that you find, often unintentionally, when accessing articles, news, blogs, and any other page on the internet, without running the risk of leaving it for later and ending up losing the find. Better a pin saved than two lost.
There are two ways to create a pin with the Pinterest button for the browser:
- Address bar: When installing the Pinterest extension, a button appears in your browser window, next to the address bar. When clicking on it, a screen will appear with the images related to that page. You can select up to 10 images to save to Pinterest.
- Directly on the image: with the Pinterest extension installed, when hovering over an image, the “Save” button will appear. Click on it and choose the folder in which you want to create the new pin.