If you get exposed to an irritant or allergen, chances are high that you might deal with a skin allergy. These types of diseases tend to pave the way for itchy or scaly skin, redness, bumps, welts, blisters and rashes. If you choose to keep these issues untreated, they can affect some areas of your body in no time.
For more information, take a quick look at this article right away. Keep reading till the very end, and you will be able to uncover five major causes of skin allergy. Let’s get started!
What Are the 5 Things in Your Home that Can Lead to Skin Allergy?
Check out the pointers mentioned below at a quick glance:
- Skin Allergy- Nickel
Have you ever heard of contact dermatitis? It is one of the skin allergies that takes place due to the presence of nickel. Nickel is found in the following things:
- Bra hooks
- Belt buckles
However, there are several ways to avoid nickel on a regular basis. Getting rid of these things will enable you to combat skin concerns with much ease.
- Skin Allergy- Ingredients in Your Household Products
As you already know, there are certain metals and preservatives present in your house. If your skin comes in contact with these materials, you might suffer from severe skin problems. Some of the household products having metals and preservatives are as follows:
- Hair dye
All you need to do is adapt skin-friendly household cleaning products and say ‘nay’ to skin allergies and issues.
- Skin Allergy- Latex
Latex is nothing but a natural rubber that is present in different products. Some of them might include:
- Disposable gloves
- Baby bottles
Remember to stay extremely careful while using these products.
- Skin Allergy- Dust
House dust consists of several elements such as:
- Dust mites
- Plant particles
- Insect debris
Substances such as dust mites are often found in carpeting, upholstery and bedding. While these mites might not be that harmful, getting rid of them can be extremely difficult.
- Skin Allergy- Oak, Poison Ivy or Sumac
Urushiol is a type of oil that is present in these plants. You can get exposed to some kinds of allergic reactions after getting in touch with oak, poison ivy and sumac.
What Are Some of the Types of Skin Allergy?
Go through some of the types of skin allergies mentioned below in this write-up:
- These are typically located in the lower feet and legs
- It paves the way for small and itchy red bumps on your skin
- It might appear red on skin with lighter tones
- If you have a darker skin tone, contact dermatitis can be less noticeable
- You might develop blisters that ooze, weep or become crusty
- Scaly, typically itchy or raw
- It usually looks like a burn
- Skin is scaly, itchy or raw
- It develops on the forearms and hands
- It appears red on lighter skin tones
- Rough, dry, irritated and inflamed skin
- Affected areas on your skin might be itchy or red
- It can appear as gray or darker brown patches on dark skin tones
- Cellulitis tends to be pink or red
- Tender and hot to touch
- These are caused by fungi or bacteria that tend to enter through a cut or crack in your skin.
- Cellulitis is indeed a sign of serious infection that requires immediate medical attention.
- Scabies is a skin allergy that leads to small bumps and an itchy rash in no time.
- White, raised or flesh-toned lines
Skin allergy is quite common in most individuals out there. By taking proper measures, you can now hang in there without any trouble. Remember to wear loose clothes, apply hydrocortisone cream and Lacto calamine, soak in a milk or oatmeal bath etc.