Smart TVs are an integral part of every household. The thrill of watching a live match on your TV with your friends and family is unmatched. Similarly, there is an immense amount of satisfaction in binge-watching your favourite shows on your TV screen. However, choosing the perfect smart TV for your household might not be the easiest task.
With so many manufacturers offering various models, it can be confusing for the average customer. Keeping that in mind, here are all the things that a TV buyer should know before purchasing the best smart tv in India.
- Select the screen size carefully
A lot of thought should go into choosing the screen size. People usually believe that the bigger the screen size, the better the viewing experience. However, this is a misconception. The ideal size of your TV depends on a lot of things but primarily, it depends on the size of your room. If your couch is placed four to five feet from the TV, then a 32-inch TV is the ideal choice. For bigger rooms where you can have a viewing distance of 6 feet, a 43-inch TV is perfect. In case there is a viewing distance of 8 feet or more, you can comfortably go for 55-inch or bigger TVs. In conclusion, it is important to have an estimate of the size of your room before buying a smart TV for your home.
- Know about the different types of displays
The type of display determines how your experience is going to be. Different types of displays have their own benefits and you must know about them before choosing one.
- LED: LED TVs are the go-to options for customers restricted by their budget. This is because they are affordable and do ensure a good picture quality at the same time. LED displays are slim, so they are ideal for most modern homes. They also produce brighter and sharper images. The flickering that was pretty evident in LCDs is also seen less in LED displays.
- QLED: QLEDs are more advanced versions of LED displays. QLEDs have an increased level of brightness, making the colours on the screen pop. QLED TVs also offer bigger displays at a more modest price. Additionally, they are more energy-efficient than every other display.
- OLED: With an OLED TV, you can enjoy wide viewing angles while watching your highly-anticipated cricket matches. OLEDs also have a superior contrast adjustment technology that produces deeper blacks and brighter whites. This enhances the details in every frame to a great extent. OLED TVs are also very thin and lightweight.
- Choose the screen resolution wisely
The better the screen resolution of your TV, the more detailed the picture quality will be. This is because a higher resolution means more pixels are accommodated within the screen and hence, the screen captures the intricacy of every image. For 32-inch TVs, 720p or HD-Ready resolution brings fine results. But if you opt for 720p resolution in 43-inch or bigger screen TVs, the picture quality will drop significantly. 43-inch TVs produce detailed pictures with Full High Definition or 1080p resolution. For 55-inch and even 65-inch TVs, 4K or Ultra HD resolution proves to be the correct choice.
- The operating system is crucial
Always make sure that your smart TV runs on the latest version of the operating system. The latest version of Android OS, for instance, always comes with improved features that enhance your TV-watching experience. It is also somewhat important to choose TVs whose interface you’re familiar with.
- Ensure all your favourite apps are supported
Before buying a smart TV, make sure to check that your smart TV supports all the popular OTT platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and others. Sometimes, specific smart TVs might have operating systems that don’t support particular apps.
- Google Assistant always comes in handy
It is always a good idea to opt for best TV that are compatible with Google Assistant. Google Assistant is a very handy technology that helps you use your TV in multiple ways. You can command Google Assistant to play a song, give you weather updates, set a reminder and more. You can even manage other smart devices in your home through Google Assistant on your TV.
- Give equal importance to the sound quality
The sound forms a big part of your TV viewing experience. Therefore, it is important to ensure that your smart TV has a nice support system. Technologies like Dolby Audio also help enhance the quality of the sound produced by your TV.
Apply for the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card and buy the smart TV of your choice on affordable EMIs. The Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card comes with a pre-approved limit of up to Rs. 4 lakh. This amount can be used to buy mobile phones, laptops, TVs and more from Bajaj Finserv partner stores across the country. You can also select a repayment tenor as per your convenience.
Read more interesting articles.