Bread crumbs are one of the most talked-about features because they help a lot in SEO and enhance the user experience but what is breadcrumbs in the website and when should I add them to my site?
What are breadcrumbs on a WordPress site?
Breadcrumbs are a series of navigation links that indicate the user’s location on the website. Breadcrumbs indicate the path to users to avoid this confusing feeling of getting lost in a very complex site. Here is the Breadcrumb navigation example:
There are 3 different types of breadcrumbs:
- The sites based on high-site construction, for example in Amazon, at the top left of the product page, remembering categories
- Those based on factors, such as the color or size of clothing in commerce
- Those based on the path, or history, made by the user to the current page
When should I post bread on my site?
As you have got some idea in the previous section, What are breadcrumbs used for? Breadcrumbs are very necessary for e-commerce and complex websites, where the users are easy to get lost within the website. So, let’s start by saying that if your site is not very much complex and has a very simple structure like having only one page so you don’t really need to use breadcrumbs in your website to track the path of your visitors.
On the other hand, should you consider using it?
So now, if you have a complex website that has a lot of products and categories and they are properly organized, you need to give your visitors a smart way to track their position on the website there should be no confusion for the visitors to lose their position in the site. Bread crumbs should be used on that site because the breadcrumbs follow the trail, not placing them in order.
You may like How to Run Ping Network Test Using CMD Prompt
What are the benefits of using Breadcrumbs in a WordPress site?
Breadcrumbs are provided by Google, so they help identify the site in the search results because the search engine love and gives priority the well-structured and well-organized websites.
- Breadcrumbs are also a valuable partner in user experience, and an even more important aspect of a well-designed website. In fact, if people stay on the page directly from Google, it will be much easier for them to see where they are on a particularly complex site, and to continue browsing this way.
- If you are familiar with Google Analytics, you will understand how this can bring great benefits in terms of reducing the bounce rate, which is an indication that users are coming to our site and leaving without having to look around. In fact, if the percentage is too high and you have a multi-level site. You should consider putting breadcrumbs on your site.
- However, on the other hand, browsing the site and keeping track of how we did it, especially when visiting multiple tabs, is equally helpful. The simplicity and diligence with which we interact with the site determine its success. If we get lost, we do not know where we are and our experience is not good. We will lose sight of the memory, and remind others, that “the site is bad.
What are the best plugins to place breadcrumbs on your WordPress site?
There are some markups that should be included in the code of your pages in order to use breadcrumbs. As these are developed to improve your site’s visibility. In this case, however, if you are using a WordPress website, I recommend that you use Yoast Plugin. The Yoast SEO plugin in WordPress and has the function of integrating breadcrumbs in a smart way.
There are also other bread plugins for your WordPress site, such as Breadcrumb NavXT or Flexy Breadcrumbs. Use these breadcrumbs only and only if you need them very much. Don’t use them in simple structured sites. If you need any assistance regarding breadcrumbs, feel free to ask in the comment section.